It’s been roughly a year since I joined Two10 Degrees, the Windows Azure consultancy based in the UK (I started just before the official launch). It’s been an amazing year, here are some numbers to illustrate what I’ve been up to:
- Hosted 9 Acceleration Labs in 5 different countries
- Helped over 50 software businesses adopt the cloud
- Created 11 open source projects on GitHub
- Spoken at 3 public events
- Written 58 blog posts, attracting >9,000 visitors (200/month this time last year, now 1,500/month)
- Used countless hours of Azure compute time
- Recorded two podcast episodes (more to come)
- Broken 1 Windows Phone 7
- Consumed 660 cups of tea (estimated)
I have had the opportunity to work with all kinds of software technologies including Java, PHP, .NET and Qt. I have worked alongside some of the biggest software businesses in the world, and some smallest startups on the bizspark programme. I’ve grown my knowledge both deeper and broader, using technologies like node.js, Kinect for Windows, and starting to look as Haskell.
Two10 have been a very supportive employer. Giving me the opportunity to speak at events, encouraging open source projects and being open minded to ideas and suggestions are just a few examples. I’m very fortunate to work alongside some incredibly intelligent and talented people, who like a good challenge, push boundaries, and have fun at the same time. We’re a small team, but I think small is good. Like a wise man once said, “We’re a small dog, but we know how to wag our tail”.
Thanks guys, I can’t wait to get cracking on some of the projects scheduled for year 2!